New Year Tiara: Party store
Earrings (not pictured): P’lover (Halifax)
Denim top: Sacada (Brazil)
Black bandeau: Lenny (Brazil)
Black tee shirt: lululemon athletica
Gym Johns: lululemon athletica
Boots: Town Shoes
Necklace: Hilary Druxman
Belt: Brother’s closet
Bracelets: Handcuffs from BrooklynThread; Black beads from Party store
Happy 2011, boys and girls, bloggers and tweeters. In case you didn’t already hear about it, I’ve declared 2011 to be “The Year of ME.” This year is the year that I am taking ME back, that I am dedicating to myself. This is the year that I take back my space, my health, my happiness.
2010 wasn’t the best year I’ve had. There were some amazing things that happened, for sure. There were also some shitty things that happened. Such is life. There will always be amazing things and shitty things. The biggest difference between the shitty things that happened in 2010 and the shitty things that happened in years past was the paralysis I felt throughout the year. I could see the things taking place in my life, could recognize that they were “bad,” that I should be doing something to change them, and then doing nothing about it.
In the last few weeks of 2010, I set about changing that mentality, that mindset. I vanished the paralysis in my life. (I don’t believe in waiting until the clock strikes midnight and the next year begins to make change, I believe in doing it the MOMENT you realize it needs to be done). I’m even more motivated for 2011. I can’t even tell you how excited I am!
I’m not a big fan of looking back and rehashing everything that has taken place over the last calendar year, and I never make resolutions, but I do make goals.
In 2011, I will:
- Run the Hypothermic Half-Marathon in 2:00 or less (my 2009 time was 2:13, my 1/2 marathon personal best is 1:55).
- Run the National Capitol Half-Marathon in Ottawa with my friend Leah.
- Run a trail marathon through Try A Trail.
- Organize my wardrobe.
- Start my own business and start working in my field (environment)… My business will not be related to my field, rather something I want to do on the side.
- Visit my bestie (in the above pictures) in Vancouver.
- Enjoy amazing music festivals with one of my closest friends (Winnipeg Folk Festival, Shambala, Harvest Moon Festival).
- Surprise my father on his birthday in Brazil.
- Take every hooping class I can so that I can hoop dance brilliantly by the time the Winnipeg Folk Festival rolls around in July.
- Start saving for Bikram Teacher Training.
There are other goals on my radar, and I will post them as they come to me, but I feel really good about these goals right now.
Finally, before I go for my run, I want to mention how very satisfied I am with the fact that I wore sweat pants to my various New Year’s Eve celebrations. The “Gym Johns” are cotton stretch french terry sweat pant tights. I may have lolled a little bit at myself when I was putting together my outfit, considering that the tag-line to my blog is: “The Daily Stylings of a Recovering Sweat Pants-a-holic.” It was fitting. Also, really warm and comfortable (no bare legs for this chick, that’s for sure).